Submit a request now to hire Lau Wai Luen and other top rated service providers.How it works
Select the service you need & answer a few questions
Our top rated service providers will respond to you
Pay directly to the service provider when the job is done
My name is Ivan Lau. I am a 32 years old native Chinese speaker . I m fluent in Cantonese as well besides Mandarin. I am currently a full-time freelance Mandarin teacher . I have 3 years of experience in teaching Mandarin to both Adult and Children.
I teach Mandarin in all aspects includes listening, speaking, reading & writing. I am certified with Teach Chinese as Foreign Language certification from Beijing Language & Culture University.
Teaching Mandarin is my passion , i devoted most of my time in helping my students to learn better and faster by using multiple methods and tools, and tailor the lesson to meet the requirements of each student. Sometimes, i also introduce some Chinese culture to my students during lesson , so that they can deepen their understanding of the language. Both language and culture are inseparable.
During my spare time, i read a lot and this is the most important habit which keeping me to teach better on every lesson. I look forward to hear from you. Best Regards, Ivan
The scope of my teaching as follows:
* Beginner Mandarin Lesson
* Intermediate Mandarin Lesson
* Advanced Mandarin Lesson
* Intensive Mandarin Lesson
* Mandarin Lesson for Business Communication
* Conversational & Writing Lesson
1."Excellent teacher who is patient to teach according to the student's pace and also flexible in methods and time. Knows how to adjust according to the student's requirements and suggest methods that make the lessons interesting to learn." From Lina (Malaysia)
2. "Ivan is very accommodating to the erratic schedules that three professionals have. He comes well prepared with the lessons and is very mindful of what is needed. Reasonably priced, would recommend him to other people interested in taking up Mandarin." From Syat (Malaysia)
3. Thank you for being a great teacher for Mandarin to my kids. In previous years, they were taught Mandarin at school, but through your class, their understanding has deepened and improved. You are a great teacher, very patient, knowledgeable, caring and reliable, and we hope to continue the year with you. From Audrey (France, International School Parent)
4. My 9 year old daughter has been tutoring with Ivan Lau and he is absolutely wonderful. It is obvious his goal to ensure the students learn as much as possible and that he really cares. I highly recommend Ivan for anyone wanting to learn a new language! From Cassandra (US, International School Parent)
5. Ivan has a very constructed and professional approach when it comes to teaching. He has good slides for each lesson, and provides you with some information about Chinese culture too. So far my experience with Ivan has been 9/10, and I'd recommend him for anyone that is interested in start to learn Chinese. From Topi (Malaysia, Skype Lesson)