The Prime Minister’s office released an official statement on 28 May 2021 announcing a nationwide full lockdown (FMCO) that will progress through 3 phases with Phase 1 starting from 1 June 2021 to 14 June 2021. During this period only essential services will be allowed to operate.
Economic sectors that are ALLOWED to operate:
- Food and beverages (including for animals)
- Health and medical care (including animal care)
- Security and safety, defence, emergency, welfare and humanitarian assistance
- Solid water management
- Services and operations of ports, shipyards and airports
- Communication (media, telecommunications, internet, postal services)
- Banking and insurance
- Community credit (mortgage only)
- E-commerce and information technology
- Fuel and lubrication production
- Critical construction works, maintenance and repair
- Hotel (Only for quarantine purposes)
- Forestry services
- Logistic services
Here are the latest FMCO rules to be implemented on 1 June 2021 :
- The number of passengers in a vehicle is limited to 2 people from the same household. E-hailing and taxis are also limited to 2 people per vehicle including the driver.
- Travel distance is limited to 10KM from your home for the purpose of seeking medical and essential services.
- Restaurants and F&B outlets are allowed to operate from 8AM to 8PM (No dine-in allowed. Takeaway, drive-thru and delivery only)
- Pharmacy will be allowed to operate from 8AM to 8 PM while hospitals and medical institutes will be allowed to operate for 24 hours.
- Morning markets will be allowed to operate from 6AM to 2PM while wholesale markets will be allowed to operate from 12AM to 6AM then 11AM to 4PM
- Shopping malls are not allowed to operate except for supermarkets, restaurants, convenience stores, optical stores, pharmacies, hardware stores and pet stores.
- All schools and educational institutions are to be closed including childcare centers. Students will be allowed to sit for examinations at international schools.
- All forms of social activities and business events (weddings, celebrations, seminars, face to face meetings) are NOT allowed.
- All forms of sports and recreational activities are prohibited with the exception of jogging and exercise that do not involve physical contact. (Allowed from 7AM to 8PM)
- Citizens will be allowed to attend their vaccination appointments. Must show proof of appointment on MySejahtera app, website or SMS.
- All employees with permission letters by MITI will no longer be valid after 31 May 2021.
- Public transport (busses, MRT, LRT, etc) capacity will be reduced to 50%.
For the full list of SOP visit the National Security Council website.
How will FMCO affect our services?
All essential services (repairs and maintenance) will be able to continue. Our essential service providers will still be able to provide you the service you need. However, if you live in a condominium or apartment (strate property), there are some extra SOPs to take note of. Service providers are allowed to enter subject to management approval. All service providers must adhere to the extra preventative measures implemented by building management (Scan MySejahtera, temperature screening, mask on at all times, etc).
If you are in critical need of essential services during this FMCO, we are still operating.