It’s hard to think of a Hari Raya celebration without Raya biscuits or Kuih Raya.
While the traditional Hari Raya cookies, such as kuih bangkit and cornflake cookies, are delicious, why not try different Raya cookie recipes this year?
You can make your own mouth-watering Hari Raya cookies using these 3 simple recipes that don’t require a lot of special ingredients or baking equipment.
Bake these Raya Biscuits with your family and friends and celebrate Hari Raya together in a festive mood!
1. Bubble Rice Choc Chip Cookies
If you’re searching for a new cookie to add to your collection of Raya biscuits, Bubble Rice Choc Chip Cookies are worth a try! These Bubble Rice Choc Chip Cookies have a burst of chocolate flavor to brighten up your Hari Raya celebration and delight your loved ones. You can easily make these delectable Hari Raya cookies at home, so grab your flour and whisk and start baking!
- Butter – 130 g
- Sugar – 150 g
- Plain Flour – 170 g
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Crispy rice (rice bubbles) – 100g
- Chocolate Chips (1 cup or 70g)
How do you make Bubble Rice Choc Chip Hari Raya Cookies?
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy
- Then add the egg and vanilla essence and stir thoroughly to combine
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and continue to stir well until everything is thoroughly combined
- Finally, add in the crispy rice and chocolate chips and gently fold together using a rubber spatula
- Scoop up the chocolate mixture with a dessert spoon and place it on a baking sheet. Distribute everything evenly and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cookies are golden crisp, in a preheated oven at 150°C.
- Let the cookies totally cool down on the rack before transferring to an airtight container.
2. Rainbow Swirl Cookies
For a treat that stands out, try these rainbow sugar cookies. These cookies will brighten your Hari Raya celebration with their beautiful colors, delicious sugar cookie taste, and crunchy texture. They’re fun to make and even more enjoyable to eat.
- Butter (melted) – 120 g
- Ghee – 10 g
- Castor Sugar – 100 g
- Wheat flour – 120 g
- 1 Egg
- Rice flour – 50 g
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
- Food coloring gel pastes in red, yellow, and green
How do you make Rainbow Swirl Hari Raya Cookies?
Although it takes a few hours to prepare this recipe, the end result is well worth the wait. Try your hand at making Rainbow Swirl cookies with this simple recipe below:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the margarine, ghee, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the wheat and rice flours, a bit at a time, until a soft dough is formed.
- Lastly, divide the mixture into three parts and color each portion with a different color. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for about two hours.
- Shape the dough into 3/4-inch balls.
- Make a single ball out of three smaller ones, each of a different color.
- Then, on the baking sheet, roll the ball into a “long snake.”
- Make a wheel out of it by curling it. Repeat the same process for the other portions.
- Finally, bake for 15-20 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven until they are just a little brown, then let them cool on the rack for a few minutes.
3. Almond Butter Cookies
Enjoy almonds? Then you’ll love these Hari Raya cookies, guaranteed!
If you’re looking for a crispy treat that melts in your mouth, toss some almond cookies in your mouth and you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Crunchy and delicious, almond cookies are very easy to make, and the recipe provided below demonstrates it.
- Flour – 2 cups
- Chopped almonds – 1 cup
- Butter (melted) – 1 cup
- White Sugar – 7 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
- Almond Extract – ½ tsp
How do you make Almond Butter Hari Raya Cookies?
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, almonds, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract until thoroughly combined
- Form the dough into walnut-sized balls and space them 2 inches apart on baking trays that have not been greased.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown
That’s all! Try these scrumptious cookies and we have a feeling you’ll be a Raya biscuit lover for life. And if you need more ideas, check out these interesting and delicious Hari raya cookie recipes that will have your guests coming back for more. With a variety of cookies to choose from, whether you prefer salty or sweet flavors, you can easily make the best selection for your Hari Raya celebration.